- Is the market feasible for selling? Your agent can provide you with the data to help you determine if now is a good time to sell. Call your agent and ask for a free, no obligation home valuation. She should give you a value range base on what the market is doing, the condition of your home and other criteria.
- Is now a good financial time to sell? Based on the valuation provided by your REALTOR® and what you currently owe on your house including all mortgages does it make sense to sell now? Will you make enough on the sell of your house to pay closing costs and still make money?
- Is my house in good repair? Are there home maintenance projects you’ve been putting off? Your agent should do a walk-thru with you and provide a checklist of all the items that need to be addressed. Are there leaks, cracked windows, loose or missing caulk? For a more thorough list you might consider getting a professional home inspection done. Your agent should be able to provide you with a list of home inspectors in your area.
- Is my house clean and clutter free? Areas appear more spacious when they are clean and clutter free. Have a garage sale, donate to a charity, or give away items you no longer need. Consider temporarily renting a storage unit to store items you want to keep but could live without for a couple months.
- Does my house have good curb appeal? Mow the lawn, trim the hedges and add colorful plants. Does your mail box need updating? What about the front door, could it use a fresh coat of paint and a new welcome mat?
PAULA WYNN – REALTOR® at EXIT Real Estate Gallery (904) 502-9432. Paula services the entire northeast Florida area which consists of Jacksonville, Argyle, Oakleaf, Avondale, Orange Park, Green Cove, Middleburg, Lake Asbury, Jacksonville Beaches, and surrounding areas. With Paula Wynn, your real estate transaction is always a win!